This year, we’re on a mission to make commitment issues a thing of the past for your website visitors. Generating website traffic is just not enough in today’s marketing landscape—what really matters is generating leads and inspiring your prospects to commit further to what you have to offer.
By optimizing a few different parts of your website, you can promote offers that are just too good to turn down and turn anonymous traffic into form-fillers.
Create an Online Experience that Makes Becoming a Lead Impossible to Resist
So, you’ve gotten visitors to come to your website. But think about this: It would be better for 10 people to visit a website and 5 of them become leads than if a million people come to your website and not a single one of them becomes a lead. Becoming a site that converts at a high rate means you’re promoting yourself in a way that prospects trust. Here’s how to get there:
- Have the answers to your customer’s questions an email address away. The content that you produce and put on your website doesn’t just have to attract your audience but urge them to commit to getting a deeper answer to their question. Serve up content that they would truly care about and that puts their needs first, a foundational concept when it comes to how to generate more leads from your website. Creating content that addresses your audience’s needs, wants, and questions will help guide them through an online journey.
- Have good “form.” Make sure you’re promoting “micro-conversions,” and have Call-to-Action buttons everywhere: your home page, landing pages, pillar content, the works. Never miss an opportunity for a prospect to fill out a form and become a lead, because it can sometimes be tough to tell exactly when they will make the decision to want to provide you with their information.
It’s also imperative to optimize them. Make sure your CTAs are taking the visitor to where it makes sense for them to go after a search, a specific ad, etc. that took them to your website in the first place. Test different button styles, colors, and locations to see what your audience responds to best. It can also be beneficial to add personalization tokens for your website traffic. Hubspot found that personalized CTAs perform 202% better than basic ones. You can add dynamic content specifically tailored to your visitors’ interests, their previously-viewed pages, or items they’ve purchased in the past if they’ve already been a customer. With this circumstance, you could add their name to a form as well, showing them that you recognize and care about each and every customer.
- Offer a live chat service. Live chat is one of the best lead-generation tools for websites. While answering the questions your prospect has about your product and filling the role of a helpful and trustworthy organization, you can casually collect and log insight regarding their information, needs, and interests.
Hubspot mentions that live chatting is the leading digital content method at 42%, with email following at 23% and social media being 16%.
- Stick the landing…page. Companies with 30 or more landing pages on their site generate seven times as many leads than companies having between 1 and 5 landing pages. Optimize your site and give them as many chances as possible to learn more about your product or service and convert.
- Nurture your way to conversions. It’s just as important what you do after you generate a lead as what you do to earn it. Putting the prospect into a nurture campaign can help you effectively push them along the buyer’s journey, where you put them into a workflow to send emails every so often to remind them about your solution and offer them helpful information.
A thank you email to send as soon as you get their information, AKA a “kickback” email, can double the engagement rates of standard marketing emails.
- Be mobile-friendly. It’s likely that many of your website visitors aren’t on their computers looking at your site, they’re on their phones. So make sure that you’re building landing pages and forms that are fit to be experienced on a phone. This way, you’re catering to the preferred methods of your prospect to learn about you.
These seemingly small differences can be what’s in between getting just website traffic and a sales funnel full of leads.
We want to see you become a revenue generator. Receive a free strategy call from our team of motivated marketers today!